|Home|
  • |About Me|
  • |Blog Designs|

Tuesday, July 21

A New Do

I got my hair cut on Saturday. The Bachelorette, Jillian, was my hairspiration. It's not much of a change--just a few more layers and some shorter bangs. (Which I shortened up even more yesterday morning on my own. Not my best idea.)

Leaving the salon. {It's hard to get a pic of yourself in the car. Ty was driving and wasn't too willing take the pic.}

After I murdered my bangs...they are just kinda choppy now, but only if you are up close. Oh well--lesson learned.

Pink Sass commented a couple of posts back about my hair and wanted to know what products I used. She has great hair and I know she is very consistent in how often she visits the salon. She probably doesn't need any of my suggestions, but I decided to just do this as a post. I don't feel like I have good hair. I'm sure most girls feel like this. I wish it was thicker, healthier, shinier, etc...


I used to have extremely oily hair. So oily that in the 6th grade some of my "friends" told Ty that he shouldn't go out with me because I had oily hair. Thank goodness he wasn't concerned with the state of my hair. Although at the time he was extremely obsessed with his. haha!


Now, I can go two days without washing my hair. I guess it's a perk of getting older! I try to stretch it two days, sometimes three if I'm lucky. I hate blowdrying and the blowdryer is responsible for a lot of my split ends. Not to mention the extra time it gives me in the morning!


I am using this sulfate-free shampoo from Loreal. I love it and it comes in different formulas. I use the volume line.






I use a Brocato Vibracolor conditioner. I love the way it smells. I'm also using a deep conditioning treatment from Loreal's sulfate-free line about twice a week.

Before I blow dry I use Healthy Sexy Hair Soy Tri-Wheat Leave in Conditioner. And I use Big Sexy Hair Root Pump. I have to do everything I can to get some volume.


And there you have it. What is your favorite hair product?

Photobucket

42 comments:

  1. The cut looks great on you!! And I don't see anything wrong with the bangs. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your hair is salon perfect. Seriously, even with your alleged bang mishap. Also, I love the Wicked cupcakes from yesterday's post. You are so creative!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your hair is adorable! Although you just did a post on your products what I want to know is how you get your hair to curl like that?!?! Mine will either go spiral curl or pin straight. There is NO in between!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your haircut! And for what it's worth, I think your hair looks gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was queen of oily hair at a younger age too but I can also stretch mine to 2-3 days now. I wake up with a smile when I know I don't have to do my hair that morning...blow drying can take forever!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your hair looks fab! I detest using the blow dryer too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. YOur hair looks great! I have to use all the volumizing products as well. I wasn't blessed with thick hair either. It will go limp in a minute!

    ReplyDelete
  8. i absolutely love it. and i had no clue about loreal making sulfate-free shampoo!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your new haircut!! It's so cute, it looks so good on you!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I always think your hair looks so great and I really love it with those big waves (curls?)

    ReplyDelete
  11. You have GREAT hair!! The color is gorgeous and it looks like it has a lot of body!

    ReplyDelete
  12. LOVE the new hair!! Big fan of the bangs :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your hair is gorgeous! It looks so shiny and pretty - now I want to try all of those products to see if my hair will look that good (though it's probably just your hair)! I love the haircut also!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the bangs! Been toying with the idea of getting some long side swept ones myself. Kinda skeered though. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  15. love the new haircut!! It looks so cute with those big curls you put in.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the new 'do!! I wish my hair would curl like that! Just the other night I told Joey that I wish my hair was like Jillian's LOL!!!

    So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love your haircut, and I'm going to have to try the products you mentioned. I'm in need of some new ones!

    And I'm with you, I can now go at least two days without washing my hair! Sometimes three, and it's awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Gorgeous hairdo Lindsey!! You look FAB!!!

    I love the curls... when I can be bothered I curl my hair too - it's the only way of getting any real volume in my hair!

    Saskia x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your hair looks gorgeous! I just love it! You're my hairspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love the new do! And I also love Root Pump...especially the Humidity Resistant formula, a must in Memphis!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love it! Thank you so so much! And you really do have such gorgeous hair!

    I tried the sulfate free shampoo and hated it. Totally made my hair limp and stringy.

    I'm going to try some of your other products though.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Looks adorable, my friend! I love it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love the new hair do! So pretty!

    I got asked what products I use too, and I don't think I have good hair either! Maybe we are just critical of ourselves! Because I really like your hair!

    ReplyDelete
  24. It looks awesome!!! Love, love!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Your hair is so cute! I used to be very religious about making it to the salon every 6 weeks, but I've strayed from that a bit this summer. I absolutely LOVE Rockaholic's Dry Shampoo. It's amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  26. I love her hair and wanted to cut mine like it also, but I am so scared. Yours turned out very cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Love the new do! Your hair looks awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  28. No, it's more like a hairspray. It comes in an aerosole can. It's is magic, I tell you!

    ReplyDelete
  29. I love the hairdo! It is so cute on you...and I love the Bachelorette too, so even better! :)
    Carrie

    ReplyDelete
  30. SO glad you did this post...I might just have a small love affair with your hair..GORGEOUS!!

    ReplyDelete
  31. OOOOH SOO PRETTY! You look gorgeous!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  32. Your hair looks amazing... how do you get it to curl like that?!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Ahh... your hair looks GREAT!

    ReplyDelete
  34. I use that shampoo too. It smells SO good!

    ReplyDelete
  35. Your Jillian 'do looks so great! I love the side bangs and curls. You have great hair!
    P.S. Isn't Wicked so fabulous? That is one of my favorites. Your cupcakes were too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  36. Hair looks great! Gah ... I am so jealous of people who don't have to wash their hair everyday! :)

    ReplyDelete
  37. you have great hair! looks super pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  38. Big Sexy Hair products ROCK!!!!!! Especially the root lifter. ROCKS! And I love your new 'do ;)

    gussy

    ReplyDelete
  39. Your haircut looks great! Thanks for the product recommendations. I want to try that leave in conditioner.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! They make my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...