|Home|
  • |About Me|
  • |Blog Designs|

Wednesday, July 8

Road Trips

We have taken several road trips this summer. Most of them with Nuts. I thought I would give you all a peek into what our longest and most recent road trip looked like.

Nuts is very good in the car and enjoys taking trips with us. He usually sleeps most of the time. The only downside is that when he is awake he likes to know what is going on outside. In order to get a better view he likes to climb onto my shoulder and wrap himself around my neck. This is not the most comfortable thing in the world.
Apparently, I'm a good head rest.

I took these pics myself and there were lots of shadows and once you get past the blinding glare of my skin, you get the idea.

Some of you may remember this post about me wanting to learn to speak Italian.
Instead of buying a set of cd's off of amazon, I decided to see what itunes had to offer. They have lots of options and I finally decided on one. It wasn't pimsleur, but I couldn't find a picture of the one I bought. {probably, because I couldn't remember the name. :)}
I made Ty listen to it on our way to Branson. It was hilarious! Definitely passed the time.
Our Okie accents didn't translate very well into Italian. We won't be fluent anytime soon!
The only phrase that stuck in my head was "Dov'è il bagno?" Where is the bathroom?
I have found a way to work it into a few of mine and Ty's conversations. I think I need to buy the booklet that accompanies the recording. I am more of a visual learner. Everytime I have been saying "Dov'è il bagno?" I have been imagining it as Tove el bano. Who knew?
Italian and Spanish have a lot of similar words. I took Spanish in high school and college, so those are the words I picture when I am speaking Italian. Okay, not speaking really more like repeating after the nice, patient lady on my itunes download.

Happy Hump Day!
Posted by Picasa

24 comments:

  1. Tyke used to do that when we was a puppy. So funny...sounds like y'all had great trip to Branson. New languages are always interesting...I am impressed that you are trying to learn something new!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oooh! I had no idea they had that on itunes. I'll have to look into that! I always thought my SC accent sounded so bad when I attempted to speak Spanish for school. Something gets lost in the translation! haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok, the pics of Nuts of your head are too funny!! (And now that I've typed that, it doesn't sound right at all, but you know what I mean. LOL)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great idea learning a new language! I'm with you, I'm definitely a visual learner.

    And that picture of your puppy on your head is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, learning where the bathroom is is important in any country! That's a good start!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those pictures as so funny! Too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the Italian learning! I'm fluent in Spanish because I'm a crazy Argentine and would LOVE to learn Italian to go along with my un-cultured self :)

    Keep us posted on the Italian teachings...I may jump on board! Baby Hudson and I can sit around all day and learn Italianoooo!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cute pillow! I have the Instant Immersion language CDs for Spanish and Italian and love them!

    ReplyDelete
  9. i love when my cats travel with us. only twice for a hurricane evacuation and to move back to NYC. they love my head too!

    awesome that you got this on itunes.

    recipe here and hope you like it:

    http://bisforbrown.blogspot.com/2009/07/dinner-for-2-for-week.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the pics, and I love trips! And Banks is the same way. He sleeps most of the time, but then he gets up, and he walks around, and he wants to look through us out the front window to see what's going on. He is hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the pics! I want to learn Italian and French but I'm rubbish...I doubt I'll ever do it! x

    ReplyDelete
  12. cute pics...nuts is a lot like elton! that is funny yall listened to it on the way...I'm not good at other languages!

    ReplyDelete
  13. doxies love to sit like that. Too funny. I have a picture of every one of the ones we've owned doing that, in the car, on the couch, etc. silly pups.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh my goodness! Nuts is quite the curious little canine :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. i think it adds an extra sense of adventure to bring the pups along on road trips. pete loves it!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I would like to brush up on my Spanish skills and maybe one day learn sign language. I think it is great that you are trying to learn another language.

    Nuts is so funny. Isn't it great how much dogs enrich our lives?

    P.S. -- Don't worry, your vampire secret is safe with me.

    ReplyDelete
  17. My beagle insists on standing on the arm rest in the front seats and watching the road--I guess she wants to see what's going on too! She and Nuts would get along very well, I think. Yay for you for learning Italian! I took an Italian class last fall and enrolled in the second semester in January, but, due to work obligations had to drop out and I'm totally bummed because i'm starting grad work in the fall which means no time to go back to Italian! Booo!!! I'll have to find my old textbook and give you the name of it--I got it from Amazon.com and it was a great book.

    Have a fabulous day!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Tebow loves to climb on me like that also! Must be a daschund thing LOL

    ReplyDelete
  19. haha those pics are soo cute! and there are several languages i so want to learn, i haven't taken the plunge to buy us one of the systems yet, i can't wait to hear more how you like this one!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I showed my husband the picture of Nuts on your head and he laughed and said well, that can't be safe! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  21. OMG! Kaci loves doing the same thing! Except I look like I'm wearing a white fuzzy scarf in the dead of Summer! lol

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! They make my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...