|Home|
  • |About Me|
  • |Blog Designs|

Tuesday, July 14

BookWorm

I am a book worm. I just love to read! I always seem to read more in the summer for whatever reason. I have several books checked out from the library. {Don't you just love that place!?} I wanted to share what I have read lately. I love getting book recommendations from other bloggers.
This book is an oldie, but a goodie. I enjoy re-reading my books. I know that some people hate doing that, but I find that I read so many books and wait a while before re-reading that I don't remember every little detail when I go back through the book. I enjoy it! This copy has been passed back and forth between my sister and I. It is starting to look a little ragged, but isn't that a sign of a good book?? This is definitely classic chick lit. Plus it is recommended by one of my favorite chick lit authors, Sophie Kinsella.
Book description: "Natalie Raglan has traded her country-girl roots for the trendy scene in London's Notting Hill. But she hasn't quite adopted the glamorous lifestyle she thought would come along with the new digs. She is working as a lowly shop assistant at a hip boutique and spending Saturday nights alone watching television. When her flat's former tenant receives a piece of mysterious mail, she can't refrain from peeking. And Natalie certainly doesn't expect to call the man whose information is inside, or to fall in love with him. Unfortunately, she has also fabricated almost everything about her life, and it is not long before her lies catch up to her. Townley draws comparisons to Vanity Fair's conniving Becky Sharp, but Natalie isn't a scheming social climber; she is just struggling to find her place. With clean prose and engaging characters, Townley has set a classic story in a hip locale."

This is the book I am currently reading: Julie & Julia.

This book was made into a movie and will come out sometime in August. I saw a preview for it at the movie theater and decided to read the book before it came out.

It is not like the other books that I read and is a little bit more slow going, but still a good book. The main character Julie started off her whole project by blogging. It is funny to hear her talk about her Bleaders. (blog readers=bleaders.) She gets excited about comments just like all of us.

I'm tempted to stop reading it, because I have a lot of other great books checked out that are calling my name. It is an interesting read and I don't want to discourage anyone from reading it. I think it is just hard to adjust to an autobiography type book.

Photobucket

30 comments:

  1. I am always up for a another good book and I haven't read any of these!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh I just bought Julie and Julia. I am dying to start reading it, but I'm in the middle of another book right now. I'm such a bookworm, too!

    Thanks for the reviews :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just went to Borders yesterday to get two new books. I'm putting little white lies on my list though. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just got done reading Julie and Julia..loved it!! Definitly a little slow at times but I cant wait to watch the movie now! I love Amy Adams but Im usually disappointed by the movies and love the books so we will have to see! Love reading your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't read any of these either...I'm going to the library this afternoon! And I'll have to check them out! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have always been a big reader, until recently. I just can't seem to find a book to get into. I think I need to check out Little White Lies

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hmmm I may have to pick up that first book. And I totally want to see Julie and Julia when it comes out!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I wish I was more of a bookworm!! I will maybe have you send me an email one day with some good reads :) Maybe I'll try Julie & Julia bc the movie looks really cute!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am a book worm too! The first one sounds cute. I was wondering how Julie and Julia was. I may try to read it before the movie comes out.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I quite liked Julie and Julia, but I always enjoy memoirs. If you like British chick lit, you might like Katie Fforde. I just finished up one of hers.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You always have the best book recommendations! I really want to read Julie & Julia soon because I think the movie is going to be so great!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Keep with Julie & Julia - its a FABULOUS book - I loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for the recommendations!! I'm always reading so need all the good recommendations I can get!

    I'm reading The Book Thief at the moment... best book I've read in a LONG time :)

    Saskia x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Julie and Julia is WONDERFUL! keep reading =) If you are into "chick lits" try Jemima J by Jane Green. I read it a few years ago and don't remember laughing out loud along with a book before then! Sooo funny! Have fun reading!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks for the suggestions! Little White Lies looks great. I read Julie and Julia and unfortunately was not obsessed. I am; however, obsessed with My Life in France, Julia Child's autobiography. The new movie is also based on her book. You should totally read it next after J&J.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks for the reviews! I'm always looking for something new to read. I had been wondering about J&J but I think I feel the same way as you about autobiography-type books..

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'll have to check out those books! I too am an avid reader. You should check out these books by Emily Giffin: Something Borrowed, Something Blue, Baby Proof, and Love the One You're With. SO GOOD! http://www.emilygiffin.com/

    Also, I recommend the Twilight series if you haven't read them. Mr. Maybe is a good book as well.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Finally someone who re-reads books too!! Everyone thinks I am crazy for re-reading them but it is so true that when you read so many they can somewhat blend together and you kind of forget what happens! Good to know I am not alone!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love a good book thanks for the reviews!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hooray for bookworms :)

    Thanks for posting your suggestions! I saw the preview for Julie and Julia just the other day, but had ni idea it was a book. I'll have to find it!

    ReplyDelete
  21. You've convinced me. I think I need to read Julie and Julia before the movie (dontcha just love Meryl Streep?) I didn't know it was about a blogger!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I was curious about Julie & Julia...the movie looks cute!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I really enjoyed The Julia/Julea Project...I am not so sure about the movie though. I do love Isla Fisher, so we shall see!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Those sound like really cute books. I've found it hard to find things I'll enjoy reading and want to keep reading lately. Thanks for the suggestions!

    ReplyDelete
  25. i read julie and julia during the winter when i find i can read more serious books. summer is just for fun. my library stash is full of jane green at the moment!

    ReplyDelete
  26. I'm going to have to read little white lies! I love chick lit and especially sophie kinsella, my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  27. I love reading, too. I'm definitely going to get Little White Lies next (currently reading Mating Rituals of The North American WASP). Thanks for the recommendation!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Little White Lies sounds like such a cute book! I definitely think I'd enjoy it. And how neat about Julie and Julia! I might have to check that out as well. Thanks for sharing ;)

    ReplyDelete
  29. I just read Little White Lies a few weeks ago and loved it! I also just read Sophie Kinsella/Madeline Wickham's new book- Wedding Girl. Go get it, good summer read!

    ReplyDelete
  30. I know I have this book on my shelf but I can't remember if I've read it or not! Guess I'll just have to read it again :)

    I love rereading books too!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! They make my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...