|Home|
  • |About Me|
  • |Blog Designs|

Wednesday, September 3

Aw, Nuts!

I read stories all the time about how kids embarass thier parents. Some repeat inappropriate phrases, throw tantrums, have bratty attitudes, etc. I got a glimpse today of what that will feel like. Let me start by saying that, yes, while I love my dog I do realize that he is just a dog. Ty and I will never call ourselves his mom and dad. I know lots of people that do that and it is fine. Its just not our thing.

Now that, that's out of the way back to the story. I took Nuts to PetCo this afternoon. I did a late presentation last night followed by an earlier morning presentation in a different town so my boss kindly let me have the afternoon off since I was stuck in a little town in OK in the middle of no where last night. Nuts desparately needed a harness. I keep choking him on our walks. The other day he started chasing after something and I was pulling hard on the leash to stop him and his collar popped right off of him. His collar is the kind with a plastic snap.


We had quite the adventure. It is windy and rainy here due to the effects of Hurricane Gustav. This means that my dog will not go to the bathroom outside. He is scared of the wind and hates getting his paws wet. Yes, he is a spoiled apartment dog and not fit for the outdoors! I did make him go number one before we left the house. (Sorry for the number 1 analogy, but I can't bring myself to type anything else!)

So we are in PetCo in the leash section trying to find a harness. I can't figure out how the dang thing works so I start walking around to find help. As we are walking around Nuts stops and starts going number 2. I was so embarrassed. I mean I know that dogs go in that store all the time, but really number 2 right in the middle of the aisle! I start frantically looking for the clean up stations only to find that they are out of paper towels. I then I have to go find an associate to ask for paper towels and to have them help me with the harness. Luckily, they are very nice about these things at this store. They always volunteer to clean it up, but I would feel horrible if someone was cleaning up my dog's mess so I never let them. The guy gets me some paper towels and then helps me put the harness on Nuts. While he is putting the harness on Nuts, he tinkles a little. (Not the guy; Nuts.) Nuts is known for doing this. In fact, he does it everytime he hears my bff, Chesley. She has a really high voice that gets him way too excited.

After this episode is over, Nuts and I continue to roam the store. I pick out some treats from the treat bar and go to check out. We get to the check out counter and the lady there says she thinks we have the harness on wrong. She bends down and tries to fix it and guess what happens!?! He goes number 1. That dog cannot be trusted in PetCo!

So now I have a glimpse into what it is like to have your children embarrass you! Got any good embarrassing stories about your kids or dogs?

14 comments:

  1. how about kelso trying to hump all the other dogs at the dog park? that's pretty embarrassing! i don't know where he suddenly picked up this bad habit. i think dogs enjoy embarrassing their parents - er, i mean, owners.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh that is too funny and I would have been mortified as well.

    I don't know that I can come close to that with a story of my own...Thats a pretty good one.

    Glad you have a sense of humor about it! But I guess you have to right?

    ReplyDelete
  3. ah yes. i've had to do some aisle clean up myself at PetsMart. Fez is pretty good about it now, but he has peed on that tile once and then left a "present" another time :)

    but other than that, i don't have any stories...at least ones that wouldn't be considered blackmail to my siblings :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I did NOT finish Redeeming Love yet... Its kind of been on hold. I am planning a surprise b-day party for my hubby on Sunday so that has been consuming me for the last 2 weeks. I hope to get back into it soon though.

    And wainscoting is a pain to do. We have the same thing thats in our bathroom, in our kitchen and last year my sister and I painted it white. I LOVE the results but man it was work. You are so right that you have to get in every stinkin crack. I think we had to do like 5 coats or something. CRAZY but well worth it now!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have a spoiled apartment dog too. Two actually, but one is worse than the other.

    I'm a firm believer that having a dog is good practice for child rearing, and gives you a good sense of what kind of parent you're going to be. For instance, I can tell that I will be the disciplinarian in our house!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is hilarious! And your doogy is so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh yikes! That doesn't sound like much fun...at least you were in a place where they are used to dogs..um...relieving themselves! My dog would probably do it too, if we ever took him there!
    Carrie

    ReplyDelete
  8. AWW NUTS!! Thats why he has that name its so clear now!! and I can't help nuts shows his love for me by going number one on me! Its our thing and I have came to accept it!! Yay for date night tomorrow night!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. POOR NUTS HE WAS SCARED!!! Oh that cracks me up!!! What makes me laugh even more is that you called it number one and number two. I don't know what it is about those phrases, but it kills me.

    Poor Nut's tummy must have been killing him since he held it in that long! (did you change something on your HTML? why did this not tell me you updated?)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Poor little guy. Petco probably sends him into a scensory overload mode. All those scents and things to look at. He probably couldn't help it. How funny. Sorry you were embarrassed.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey thanks for the comment! YOu are soo dang cute :) And your dog is adoralbe. I am adding you to the top of my list...I think we are the same person from different cities :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. One day when our neighbors friends were leaving the house from across the street I was trying to check the mail and Cooper escaped from the house and ran across the street and jumped in these people's car like he was ready for a car ride! I was so embarrassed!

    ReplyDelete
  13. OMG! That would be so embarrassing! That is really hilarious tho!

    ReplyDelete
  14. oooo gosh!! you have me laughing so hard right now!!!! lol!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! They make my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...