|Home|
  • |About Me|
  • |Blog Designs|

Thursday, September 18

Babies on the Brain

Don't get too excited Momsy! I am attending several baby showers this month so I have been shopping off of registries. My Nanny also showed me several baby things that she has in her cedar chest. She kept a lot of stuff from her baby shower from when she was pregnant with my Dad in 1957.

She had a bar of Dial soap in her cedar chest. I thought that was funny and I had to have a picture of it. This is a baby card from one of her showers.

It was hard to get a good picture of these adorable baby clothes from the late 50s. They were all ironed and pressed to the max. Apparently you ironed everything back then! I wish all the details of these outfits showed up. They were so cute!

My Nanny just knew that my dad was going to be a girl. She made this quilt for him. She told me that she would cover him up with it sometimes!

She embroidered all these squares...so sweet! She told me that whoever had a girl first out of me and my sister could have this for our daughter. (LeAnn and I are the only granddaughters.) Of course I took a picture of the only square with a stain! Oops!

My Nanny also made lots of little girls clothes for my poor dad! This is the most precious gown. It has little pink roses all over it. I took a pic of the back of the gown.



**Has anyone else been on Facebook lately?? I am lucky if I check it once a week. There is a strange hacker/virus going around. I had 2 wall posts from friends from college telling me I had been mentioned on a blog and that someone thought I was cute to find out where/whom click here. Do not click on them! Delete the posts so that no one else clicks on them. I also got paranoid and changed my password--not sure if this helps or not...***

11 comments:

  1. Everything is so adorable! And how funny she thought HE was a girl! My parents did the same thing with my sister. They didn't even name her until like 8 days after she was born because they just THOUGHT it was a boy! So funny!

    ReplyDelete
  2. these are absolutely gorgeous! hope you have a girl :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that quilt and those sweet baby clothes. I can't imagine having the time or energy to iron all the clothes though...I can barely throw them in the washing machine some days! Have a great weekend!
    Carrie

    ReplyDelete
  4. How CUTE! Your baby is going to hit the jackpot!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your nanny has amazing taste! Love, Love everything in your posts from her!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really really hope I have a girl first!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Be sure to stop by my blog - I have something for you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That will be so special for you to have that quilt one day. I hope it's you! Lillian needs another girl in the family.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh. All that stuff is so adorable. To cute.. I absolutely love that quilt..

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my gosh that is so fun that she has all of those adorable memorable things! The clothes are adorable! Love the gown, poor Daddy, but it's beautiful, ha!

    ReplyDelete
  11. how cool is that to save all that from the past!

    yea, i hate the new FB layout. it's so confusing!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! They make my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...