|Home|
  • |About Me|
  • |Blog Designs|

Tuesday, September 2

Nice long weekend

Man, I could get used to 3 day weekends! It was so nice and relaxing. We had our wood floors installed on Saturday! Yay! Since we had workers at the house Ty stayed home and studied and I ran errands. I went all over town finding items for a blog swap that I am participating in. Saturday afternoon Ty and I headed over to a sports bar, Indigo Joe's, for an alumni watch party. I only stayed until half-time. Football can only hold my attention for so long. Don't worry I didn't leave Ty all alone. We had met his 1st year mentee there. Every 2nd year medical student is assigned a 1st year medical student to help them adjust to medical school.
And yes, Ty took a Saturday afternoon off, which he means he had to make it up later. That means date night at Barnes and Noble. I like to spend the evening browsing books and catching up on my gossip magazines. Sunday was pretty uneventful. Since I had flooring in my kitchen I was excited to make a big meal: steak with spicy green salsa, corn on the cob and mini monkey bread for dessert. I will be sharing a recipe tomorrow....

Our next house project is to repaint the dining area. It used to be all wood panelling. Ty filled in all the cracks to make it one smooth wall. We chose a yellow/beige color for the walls. It turned out a lot more yellow than we were hoping for so we are searching for a new color.

I bought a new rug to protect the wood floors from ice and water. Crushed ice from the refrigerator door always leaves a few drops on the floor.

It was hard to get a good picture of this area--too much sunlight coming in.

6 comments:

  1. WOW your floor looks amazing - I love it. Isn't it amazing how changing a floor can change the whole room. We did our LR and just love how it turned out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The floors came out really good! I like the color you chose, it goes great with everything else in the kitchen.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! that looks fabulous! that wood is so beautiful and i love the rug! i'm so jealous :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Finally!! Congrats on the new floor, Lindsey - it looks great! I'm so happy for you.

    I will see you tomorrow, but I must warn you - don't get too close. Ah*choo!!! Ugh.

    ReplyDelete
  5. They look incredible! Of course, the new floors are a good excuse to buy something new. Love the rug!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi friend.............I am catching up on your life because I just now got a chance to sit down and do something not school related! I love love the floors!! I can't wait to come over and eat dinner!! Lets plan that asap!! Did I mention I loved the color of the floors I esp love the pic of nuts I almost did not see him cause he blended in!! Miss you.......

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! They make my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...