|Home|
  • |About Me|
  • |Blog Designs|

Monday, September 22

Sleeping Beauty

Ah, vintage pillow cases...I heart them! I stole this pillowcase from my parents house about a month ago. (Really, I literally stole it. My mom wouldn't let me take home this great, green bowl set that belonged to my great grandma, so I stole this pillow case instead. I found it just laying in the laundry room practically begging me to take it home!)
This pillow case belonged to my great grandma. I am sleeping on it right now. Well, not right now but you know what I mean!

My Nanny gave me these gorgeous white pillow cases (2). She received them at her bridal shower over 53 years ago. They have never been used. She said they were too pretty to let my Papa put his head on them! :) I probably won't let Ty sleep on them either. Oh, and they were starched and ironed to the extreme!
This pillow case is the softest piece of fabric I have ever touched. It must have been washed a million times. It is getting a little threadbare and my Nanny was going to throw it away. I saved it from the trash can.

5 comments:

  1. CUTE! I love those. Good job on saving it. You have so many neat, sentimental items these days. And I love them all! I need to make a trip over to my grandmas and snatch some goods. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. sooo pretty! i love the pink and white flower pattern. good thing you saved it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the pink, white and green ones - they are so precious!!! That is so funny you stole them from your mom - I would do the same thing. I am always "scrounging" at her house to see what I can find!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Hey....you will be in all kinds of trouble when Dave and Busters comes your way :)!!! I hope you recieve your package soon..I am excited for you to open it!!!
    And I have just started the Twillight series..I was kinda scared to start it for some reason but I am sure I will be hooked

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful pillowcases! There are some truly charming vintage ones out there, but I never buy them because I know I would never let anyone use them so they would sit in a closet somewhere...too pretty to use!
    Carrie

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! They make my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...