|Home|
  • |About Me|
  • |Blog Designs|

Thursday, September 25

Breast Cancer Awareness

October is Breast Cancer Awareness month. A lady in my office was diagnosed with breast cancer earlier this year. She was out of the office from February until September. It has been great to have her back in the office. She had a double masectomy, chemo and is now going through radiation. She is always so happy and caring. Her office is beside mine so I really missed her when she was out. Our office is partnering with one of our student clubs, The American Medical Women's Association to promote breast cancer awareness during October.
I love Rosanna dishes. She is selling dishes to promote breast cancer awareness and a portion of the proceeds will go to breast cancer research. I. am. in. LOVE. I want them--no, I need them! hehe!




Rosanna held a table setting contest on her blog: http://rosannainc.blogspot.com/2008/09/rosannas-second-annual-tablesetting.html

I, of course, loved them all! Here are some of my favorites. There were several more that I didn't put on here. I wish I could set a table like this every night!





My sister-in-law posted this on her blog yesterday. I thought it was so cute, so I had to share:

As we were driving home from school yesterday, Lillian and I were discussing various vehicles we saw on the road. Out of nowhere she said, "Aunt Lindsey said no minivans for her!" So, Sweet Simplicity, your words made a BIG impression on Lillian!

10 comments:

  1. Love love love those dishes!!! They are SO cute - thanks for sharing. I might need to get me some of them!

    Oh and I am now hooked on Redeeming Love - I am almost done and just can't put it down. I'll let you know what I think when I am finsihed. I think it was just the middle that got a little slow for me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How funny! No minivans for her OR you! :) I'm not a minivan person either. I would rather have an SUV or something more sporty to haul the kids around in!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh- Those dishes are to die for.. I love love love them..

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love all those dishes! and those table settings are beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous love all of the settings and dishes!! I said a prayer for your coworker :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. i did the komen run for the first time this year - it was amazing. there was a sea of pink; you would have loved it! you can also always find tons of great splurges on sephora.com that benefit breast cancer research.

    http://www.sephora.com/browse/section.jhtml?categoryId=C15188

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG I want all these dishes. NO I seriously need the christmas ones to match my black and white. My camera is MIA but it should be back on track tomorrow and then I am taking pics of all my gifts! After I round them all up b/c I am using them:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those table settings are upping my heart rate! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The dishes are so pretty. And what a good cause. I love all those table settings, actually! Mine definitely do NOT look like that every night!
    Carrie

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! They make my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...