|Home|
  • |About Me|
  • |Blog Designs|

Wednesday, September 17

Who Knew?

That my nanny (my dad's mom) had all these great vintage finds tucked away in her cedar chest! I posted a couple of weeks ago about a tablecloth that I fell in love with at an antique store. I talked to my nanny a few days after that post and she told me that she had a bunch of old tablecloths similar to the one that I had bought tucked away in her cedar chest.


I was travelling for work on Tuesday to Springfield, MO. On my way home today I stopped by to see my nanny. She made me scrambled eggs and toast. She makes the best scrambled eggs ever! Seriously, they are amazing! I used to request them all the time.

As we went through her cedar chest she told me stories about every piece. She had tablecloths and pillowcases from her bridal shower, her veil, baby clothes, a vintage clutch, even an old Halloween costume that she had made for my uncle. Just in case you are wondering it was a Robin costume, as in Batman and Robin. She made a shirt, gloves, even a cute little green mask! It was adorable. I will be sharing all the great things that she has accumulated over the years over the next couple of days. I have a lot of pictures to share and I don't want to upload a million at a time. (That's right I said a million even though it is more like 10.)

My grandparents on their wedding day.


I bought these gloveables for her! My parents were still staying with her after my papa's funeral when she received them in the mail. I made my mom take a picture and send it to me so I could see them on her! Aren't they the cutest gloves ever!?!

My nanny is the ultimate Suzy Homemaker and she loves the color pink. I think that she is where all my girliness comes from!

11 comments:

  1. since you love vintage so, just let me know when you want to stop by and borrow my mom's handsewn cher outfits from the 70s!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Came across your blog today...your nanny looks so sweet! How wonderful that you are that close with her!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww...I love Grandmas....I remind myself to visit them often:) YOur package is on its way!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your nanny seems so sweet! And she loves pink - too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ok this is totally off subject - but can you help me PLEASE!?!?!

    I am bugging you b/c I saw your background on the same page that I am TRYING to get mine from... I would to change my blog background and I think I am following the directions (doesn't seem that hard). But its not working - any thoughts? suggestions? ideas? if not no biggie, just thought I would ask!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How fun! Aren't grandmas the best? It is so weird that you just said that you get your girliness from your grandma because JUST AT LUNCH today I was talking to mom about my grandma and we were talking about how OUR girliness came from HER!! SO WEIRD!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I loved hearing stories from my Grandmas. They have both passed on now but I still have a lot of their possesions and the story or each item is forever itched in my memory..

    Your nanny looks so cute. I love her pink rubber gloves!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just wanted to know if Nanny cut you toast into little squares.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What wonderful heritage! I can't wait to see what you share!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love vintage too...anything with history. I enjoyed reading about your grandma. first time here to your blog but not my last time. cherry

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! They make my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...