|Home|
  • |About Me|
  • |Blog Designs|

Tuesday, September 30

Yummy Fall Recipe

I made a yummy, Fall, comfort food last night. It is a twist on chicken pot pie and very easy. It came out of the Kraft Food & Family magazine. Visit their website to sign up for a free subscription. I love getting magazines in the mail and this one is even better because it is FREE!
Chicken and Biscuits
Prep Time:15 min Total Time:50 min Makes:6 servings (I don't think this would feed 6 people! Ty and I ate half of the dish so maybe 4 people. But note to my momsy--the 4 people does not include Derek, my little bro. He ate 3 sandwiches at my house on Saturday. What a fatty! Just kidding--the kid is really skinny!)

INGREDIENTS
1 can (10-3/4 oz.) condensed cream of chicken soup 3/4 cup Sour Cream, divided 2 cups chopped cooked chicken 1 pkg. (16 oz.) frozen mixed vegetables, thawed 1 cup KRAFT Shredded Mild Cheddar Cheese 3 Tbsp. milk 1 cup all-purpose baking mix

DIRECTIONS
HEAT oven to 375ºF. Mix soup and 1/2 cup sour cream in 8-inch square baking dish. Stir in chicken, vegetables and cheese. STIR milk and remaining sour cream into baking mix. Drop by heaping tablespoonfuls into 6 mounds on top of chicken mixture. BAKE 35 min. or until biscuit topping is golden brown and chicken mixture is hot and bubbly.

The above directions came straight out of the magazine. I, of course, made some changes. I only added veggies to half of my pan because I am ridiculously picky. I bought a can of biscuits and plopped them on there instead of making my own. I also cooked the mixture for about 8 minutes before adding the biscuits. In my oven it did not need to cook the whole 35 minutes. The dish was in there for maybe 25 minutes. You do have to be careful with the biscuits. They might look done but it takes a while to cook the bottoms of them since they are sitting on top of the mixture.

ENJOY!

6 comments:

  1. You are crazy by adding only vegetables to half the mixture! HAHA! This reminds me of a recipe Lindsey had on her site a few months ago. I will have to give it a whirl....was it good?

    ReplyDelete
  2. yum! that looks delicious and super easy! thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I LOVE Kraft's FREE magaizine - they have some great, easy recipes in there. I get a lot out of them. I never made this one but I may have to give it a try!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds like a great recipe and I bet the house just smelled amazing as it was cooking! I might have to make it tomorrow night...it looks that good! :) Thanks for sharing it with us!
    Carrie

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! They make my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...