|Home|
  • |About Me|
  • |Blog Designs|

Thursday, June 19

Domestic Diva


I have this long list of hobbies that I want to take up one day. My dream is to one day stay at home with my kids and become a Domestic Diva. This is part of my very conflicting personality: be a career woman or a stay at home mom. But that is a whole other issue.
I don't want to just be any stay at home mom, I will be a Domestic Diva. Meaning I will stay at home with my kids but they will have all these scheduled events so that I can take up lots of hobbies. Oh, and I will have a maid to clean my house! (I said this was my dream, not my reality!)

I want to take gourmet cooking lessons. I used this great pasta recipe from thepioneerwoman.com. She uses white wine in the recipe so I went and picked some up. I feel very grown-up and gourmet cooking with wine--silly, I know!

I want to take photography lessons. Not just any old photography lessons but a class that shows me how to use Adobe Photoshop. (Which I would love to own.)

Maybe take some tennis lessons. My friend, Laura, took a tennis/raquetball class in college and tried to teach me. She was very patient, but lets just say I am not very coordinated. We had a lot of fun, though!

Maybe some private ballet lessons. I wish I would have taken ballet as a little girl, maybe then I would have some coordination. In college I took this beginning ballet class that was offered at the Colvin (OSU's workout facility). I definitely need some one-on-one attention. It was a lot of fun and a great way to burn calories!

Sewing was on my list of potential hobbies to take up but I have already crossed that off of my list. I took a class a couple of months ago with a friend from work. We had soooo much fun! We took it thinking we were going to make these fabulous aprons. We both made a few aprons, but realized they just take way too long to make! (We are now obsessed with blogging!) I have made a few pillow cases and coaster since then but it has been a while since the old sewing machine has made it out. Maybe if I had a designated room for it I would use it more. When we were house hunting I told Ty that I needed a sewing room! One day....

These are all things I want to some day accomplish! Any fun things on your hobby list wish? Leave me a comment, I would love to know what they are!

3 comments:

  1. You may be a Domestic Diva later in life, but now you are an APRONISTA!! :)
    I like to get on "kicks" with you - it makes my days so much more fun. First we researched all things aprons, and now - blogging. We are two crazy girls.

    Oh, and you have so many conflicting things in your personality!! Decorating conflicts, career conflicts - you need to make some decisions, girl!

    HOUSE WIFE ALL THE WAY!!!!!
    There, did that help?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I tried the Best Ever Lasagna from pioneerwoman. It was to die for!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love the tennis comment! those were some fun time. i hope all is well! we need to catch up soon :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! They make my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...