|Home|
  • |About Me|
  • |Blog Designs|

Thursday, June 26

Simple Acts of Kindness

Last night Ty and I helped with the Wednesday night meal at our church. I had dreaded doing this since I was asked to help on Sunday.
I begrudgingly went to help. Everyone that was helping ate before the others arrived. While we were eating our preacher, Charlie was standing around talking to us all. He took my cup of lemonade and went into the kitchen to fill it up. I didn't even have time to protest that he didn't need to do that for me. When he came back with my drink he asked anyone else if they needed a refill and said, "I'm here to serve." That little act of kindness really touched me. He didn't have to refill my drink but he wanted to be of service to others. Later in our class we sang the song Lord, Make me a Servant. I hope that I can touch someones life by simply being a "servant." Just something to think about....

(Oh, and I enjoyed being at the dinner and helping once I got there.)

4 comments:

  1. vieLindsey you inspire me!!! How about you serve me with some more brownies.........ok is that not where you were going with this blog!! but really I love how you show that you are human and sometimes little things like that help wake you up and get you back on the right track!! I LOVE YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lindsey? Human? I thought she was a mannequin? A cool, talking mannequin! Can I have a brownie?

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks for your comment! hope you win! i love your blog...very cute. i love to wear a lot of black too, but i think pink or light blue look good on me

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh ps...if you put The Pink Potpourri on your blog list, you can enter a second time to win!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! They make my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...