|Home|
  • |About Me|
  • |Blog Designs|

Tuesday, June 3

Power Outages

"A severe thunderstorm packing winds up to 75 mph struck the metro area around 11 am, Sunday, June 1. The storm blew many trees and limbs into overhead power lines, causing extensive damage to PSO´s electric system and knocking out power to 68,000 PSO customers, at the peak." --from PSO's website.

Yes, I am one of those 68,000 customers without power! We get the craziest weather. We lost power for 5 days in December because of the ice storms. We are on day 3 without power this time. Sunday night it stayed pretty cool in our house so we slept there but on Monday the tempatures were in the '90's. Luckily, Chesley had power so we stayed with her last night. I packed up our whole house and moved it to Chesley's or that is what it felt like. Poor Chesley! I completely took over her refrigerator with all of our food. Hopefully it will be back on by tonight. Although I had a good time with Chesley!

I lost my work PDA almost 2 months ago. I kept hoping it would turn up once I packed up the apartment, but no such luck. I finally worked up enough nerve to tell my boss on Monday. She wasn't too concerned. I spent all day yesterday researching a new one to order. I hated that other one; it was so bulky. AT&T overnighted me a new one and I got it this morning. The Samsung Blackjack. I can't wait to turn it on! (I'm charging it right now).

Random thought: I was drinking my slim-fast and there was all this condensation on the outside and I thought to myself, "I could really use a koozie!" Then I started laughing because it reminded me of my dad and all his koozies!

1 comment:

  1. Look at you!! YAY! :)

    I absolutely HATE condensation on cans...but especially on milk jugs. Gag.

    So excited you are a blogger!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! They make my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...