|Home|
  • |About Me|
  • |Blog Designs|

Thursday, June 26

I HEART CHICAGO

I am in Chicago for a conference Thursday-Sunday with my boss. I am so excited to be here! I love Chicago! It is such a great city! Beautiful lake, great shopping, yummy food, amazing architecture--what more could you ask for!?!
I arrived at the hotel after a very long shuttle bus ride in rush hour traffic. We are smack dab in the middle of the Magnificent Mile. When I look out my hotel window I can see a huge GAP store and La Perla (a ridiculously expensive lingerie store!) At the corner of our hotel there is a ginormous Forever 21. And Chicago has an H&M! I can't wait to go there! Although, I think my husby said something about not spending money, blah, blah, blah. Just kidding, Ty! I hate med school budgets! Or any budget for that matter!
Dana and I wanted to eat pizza for dinner but after several attempts we gave up because the wait times were around an hour and a half. We found a cute little bakery instead. After dinner we headed to the Navy Pier. The pier is such a fun, family place. I took several pictures while I was there to share with you all!
BTW, Wicked is showing in Chicago and guess who got tickets!?! I have never seen a broadway production and can't wait to see it tomorrow night! The last time I was in Chicago it had just opened here and the tickets were sold out, but not this time. Although I will be sitting way, way, way up in the balcony in the nosebleed section.

The Tribune Bldg.


A huge cone shaped mound of flowers at the pier. So pretty!


A big pot full of gorgeous flowers. You gotta love city beautification projects!



The HUGE ferris wheel at the Navy Pier. I couldn't talk Dana into riding with me due to her vertigo and all!

View of the Chicago skyline from the pier. My poor little camera needs a bigger flash to capture night scenes better, but you get the idea.

2 comments:

  1. I've never been to Chicago but your pictures make it look beautiful. Have a great trip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. did you go to H&M??? i MUST hear all about it.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! They make my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...