|Home|
  • |About Me|
  • |Blog Designs|

Monday, June 23

Hi Ho Hi Ho, its off to work I go!

Another Monday and another rainy day in T-town. My weekend was packed full of events. My parents came into town Friday night--late. This is very unusual for them since they go to bed so early but they came in around 11 pm--way past my bedtime. I am such a grandma!

My dad installed some great recessed lighting for us in our living room. He and Ty worked on it all Saturday morning. They also hooked up the water line to my fridge so now I have water and ice in the door. (probably the best invention ever!) They installed a new light switch in my bathroom and fixed my dryer. (Not the actual dryer b/c its brand new but the electrical outlet and wires were all messed up.) They worked all weekend long! I guess the attic is very narrow in height. I've never been up there and don't have any plans to go up there. Ty couldn't even stand on his knees. He had to crawl everywhere he went. His whole back is covered in scratches from nails that were sticking out everywhere. My dad jabbed his elbow into a nail. It sounded very painful and my mom has to call his doctor to see when his last tetanus shot was. I am very appreciative of all my dad did! And Ty too! I am so, so, so glad my dad is handy! We would have spent a fortune on all of those repairs, especially the dryer problem. My dad and I ran to Home Depot to pick up the wire. It was $75 for 50 ft. He said when they built their house 10 years ago it was probably half that price. I guess the price of copper has really gone up. (Along with everything else!)

Mom and I spent all day Saturday shopping. When I say all day, I mean all day--8 hours. We both got some great stuff! I bought a couple of things for the mantle on the fireplace. I love the new plate. You can see it in the background of this picture.

The fireplace is not complete yet. We are going to get rid of that brass cover thingy. I really know my house lingo! We also need to hang that picture and find a few more key items to put on the mantle.

Chesley came over Saturday night for dinner and a movie. I love our date nights. Ty, the Chesler, and I have so much fun together. (My parentals couldn't stay up for a movie. It was getting late.)

It was a great weekend! Thank you Dad for all your work on the house!!!!

3 comments:

  1. So I am finally leaving a comment since you told me how to do it! I am special! you know that!! I feel so special I made the blog today!! I am pretty much famous now! If people know me as "The Chesler!" still not giving that up are you!? :) I can't wait to have more date nights!! I had pork tenderloin last night!! I guess I was all about the pork this weekend!..........I LOVE THE LIGHTS!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, cute plate! Let's see more housey pics! :) Horray for raises - I got the letter this morning as well. Um...if they only knew how much "work" we actually did. I mean, we work HARD! We deserve that raise! ;) Me especially because I make.....diddly! :) Tee hee. Um, good thing we have google ads to keep us rich! ;) HA!
    If only!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you and Ty enjoyed the weekend as much as I did. I am very honored to be able to do "handy" things for you. I think God blessed me with that sort of skill so I could help out when needed. Tell Nuts "Hello"!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! They make my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...