|Home|
  • |About Me|
  • |Blog Designs|

Monday, February 23

At the Taco, Taco Cabana...

I left work a few minutes early on Friday so that Ty and I could go to a nursery to look for trees. We ended up with a new evergreen for the front flowerbed and a small red leafed tree for the backyard. We also learned why we killed a few bushes and the original evergreen. Apparently we had put way too much fertilizer in with the plant. We were putting more than a few sprinkles in the actual hole that we had dug. This is a no no. We had know idea! The lady said that it should be equivalent to sprinkling pepper onto a cooked egg. And that it should only go on top of the dirt once you have planted the plant, tree, etc. Now we know.
After finding the trees and planting them we headed to Taco Cabana for dinner. We get there, order our food and then find out from some very angry customers that they had been there for an hour before they go their food. We were there for about an hour total with the wait and actually eating. This is a long time for a fast food place. Luckily, we were distracted from the long wait by chips and salsa and a live musician. That's right, I said a live musician at TACO CABANA! He was hiliarious. He walked around the restaurant with his guitar singing and talking to people. He started introducing people to other people that were sitting across the restaurant from each other. It turned out to be a very friendly atmosphere in the midst of impatience and anger over long waits. Jim, the musician, kept coming back to our table and chatting with us. He discovered that Ty was in medical school. We later heard him telling people that Ty was a physician, a healer. It was just so funny. He also had kids come up and sing the ABC's and You are My Sunshine. It was adorable and the whole restaurant would start clapping after they were finished.
It was such an unexpected experience. Who would have thought live music at the Taco Cabana??
Photobucket

14 comments:

  1. can't wait to see your new tree! i had no idea about that fertilizing technique either. and that's weird they have live music at a fast food place...maybe its cause they know how slow they are :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds like fun! Though I do have to wonder why anyone would wait an hour for Taco Cabana...I won't wait that long for a "good" restaurant. LOL ;)So was he hired by Taco Cabana, or just in there on his own?

    ReplyDelete
  3. yeah - we've one that with our plants to!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like fun! Take pictures of the tree!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's hilarious that you titled this post what you did because anytime we eat there, I sing that. So funny. I haven't been there in a LONG time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ha as many times as I've been to Taco C I've never seen a live musician!! How fun! Sounds like you all had a good weekend. I love being outside planting!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've never heard of a Taco Cabana, but I would really like to eat there {tacos, hello!?}. And I can't wait to go plant shopping - still too cold in NE!

    ReplyDelete
  8. that is crazy!! I've not been to Taco Cabana in forever!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. ps - I added myself as a follower on my blog. it worked but not the first time..i switched from firefox to safari. it might just not work to click "follow this blog"..but maybe add on dashboard.?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hahaha isn't it funny the things you learn when you least expect it! I don't have much luck with plants either, they just don't seem to like me! :(

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love Taco Cabana. I never saw any live singers though!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I associate Taco C with my days in Norman :)

    Funny post!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! They make my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...