|Home|
  • |About Me|
  • |Blog Designs|

Wednesday, February 4

Penne Pesto Chicken

I tried this recipe Monday night and we had the leftovers last night. It was a yummy, light pasta. I got the recipe from SIL, Amy. I changed the type of pasta to penne instead of angel hair. I just happened to have a box of penne pasta in the back of my pantry.

Penne Pesto Chicken

Ingredients:

Penne Pasta ½ to ¾ of a box

Knorr Pesto Sauce, Package - (Not the Creamy Pesto just the regular Pesto)

1 Package Tyson Grilled Chicken Strips (Precooked)

Fresh Garlic to taste, I use about 1 teaspoon

¼ tsp Dry Basil

¼ tsp Dry Thyme

¼ tsp Dry Rosemary

½ Cup Diced Roma Tomatoes

¼ Cup Chopped Fresh Spinach

2 Tablespoons of Olive Oil

Directions:
Follow cooking directions on Knorr Pesto Sauce Package.

In a medium skillet on medium to low heat, add in the Olive Oil, Garlic, spices and chicken.

Cook together until hot and the spices have blended together with the chicken, about 5 to 10 minutes.

Follow cooking directions for the Penne Pasta.

Once pasta is ready, drained and back in the pan, add the Roma Tomatoes, Chopped Spinach and Chicken then pour the sauce over all and toss together over low heat approx 2 to 3 minutes.

This recipe serves 4 people.
Photobucket

22 comments:

  1. Ooh, I'll be trying that recipe out soon, it looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We've recently been enjoying just plain pesto sauce on our pasta - this sounds like it will make it just fantastic! Thanks for posting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. YUMMO!! Pasta is my enemy, I love it way to much! : ) Thanks for sharing I'm definitely going to have to try it out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for posting. It looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for sharing. We'll definitely be trying this one.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE Pesto!! I make it all the time...its just so easy, quick and delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  7. thanks for sharing! looks delicious :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. looks great I love any kind of pasta!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my gosh that looks aammmmaaaazing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. just had to share a pesto recipe:

    Pesto -
    1 cup firmly packed basil leaves
    3 Tbs parmesean
    2 Tbs romano
    3 Tbs pine nuts
    2 cloves garlic
    1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
    1 tsp salt

    Combine basil with salt to taste in blender or food processor. Process until just chopped. Add cheese, pine nuts, garlic, olive oil, and salt. Process until smooth and creamy.

    It's the best pesto EVER!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ahhhh...I LOVE pesto! Fiance makes it for me if I bet my eyes really hard, haha. That recipe looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fantastic! And I adore pesto in any shape or form. What a great recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yummy! I love pesto, penne, and chicken. (o: Looks great - I'll have to try this one!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This looks good... I'll definitely have to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  15. i am a sucker for pasta- and i love spinach! great match... that looks soo good. thanks for sharing it with us!:)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Mm, tasty! I love pesto SO much, I can put it on just about anything.

    ReplyDelete
  17. This pasta dish looks so GOOD.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Glad you liked it! I hadn't thought of penne pasta.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! They make my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...