|Home|
  • |About Me|
  • |Blog Designs|

Wednesday, February 18

Randomness and the Swap

A couple of random thoughts:



1. I have a google analytics account for my blog and for our future students site at work. Since I do the recruiting I wanted an idea of how many people were visiting our school site and where they were from. I just check my account for the first time in a couple of months. Over the last month my blog has received 300 more hits than our school's site. I don't know if I should be excited about this or worried that maybe I need to be doing a better job of promoting the school's site. haha!


2. I love fabric shopping. I ran over to Hancock's Fabric tonight to pick up some gender neutral fabric for a custom onesie order. (I still need to sew around everything but you get the idea.) Here are the results:




3. Don't forget to sign up for my cook book swap. You can leave a comment here or e-mail me at sweetsimplicityblog(at)gmail.com if you would like to participate.


4. I spent almost all evening a couple of nights ago trying to figure out how to make a link for the cook book swap and how to show the code so that you could copy and paste it on to your blog via the html gadget. I will have to do a tutorial on how to do it soon.



RecipeSwap


5. Dear girl who was putting on mascara while driving today,

Shame on you! That is ridiculously unsafe and it meant that I had to frantically try to get someone to let me over from the on ramp because you were not paying attention and wouldn't let me over.

The way that I have to get on the expressway in the morning is kinda chaotic. There is an on ramp from my main street and immediately after that there is an on and off ramp for a major interstate. I couldn't believe this girl thought it was ok to put on her mascara while in morning traffic!

Photobucket

24 comments:

  1. The onesie turned out adorable! Great job! I was wondering how you were going to pull off an owl because that seems hard, but it's SO CUTE!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love that onsie with the owl! i'm ordering that whenever its time for us to have babies someday ;)

    that girl with the mascara has no common sense. today i pulled up to a stop sign and the girl in front of me was just sitting there, going through her bag. let's go, woman!

    ReplyDelete
  3. EEk! I can't stand it when people put their makeup on while driving. I understand the morning rush and all, but people, please, let's get to work in one piece!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The little owl onesie is too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't wait until I find out if I'm having a boy or a girl so I can get some of your awesome onsies. The owl one is absolutely adorable! I love it!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a talented girl you are!! That onsie is TOO cute!

    As soon as I get word on whether Baby P is a boy or girl, I'm coming to you for an order!!

    I may have to do something Pittsburgh-y :)

    Maybe just a big "P"! haha!

    ReplyDelete
  7. He did make it! He used this recipe: http://recipes.robbiehaf.com/C/142.htm
    but actually heated the olive oil first with fresh garlic to "infuse" it. So easy and yummy!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yay! The onesie looks great & I know my friend is just going to LOVE it. I can't wait to see it in person!

    -Kristin

    ReplyDelete
  9. Girl, that onesie is adorable! You are so good at that kind of stuff!! I need to sign up for your cook book thing I just don't know what cook book I want to swap! Such a great idea!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love cute fabrics, the onesie looks great!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. the onesie is so cute!!! i wish i could do the cook book swap but i cant!! so sry!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That onsie is so darn cute.

    I saw a lady ready a book the other day while driving. It wasn't a map or directions - it was a full novel! So weird!

    ReplyDelete
  13. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE your little Owl one-sie- so adorable! I love the cupcake one (and every other one, let's just face it!) on the left hand side too. Wish I knew someone to buy them for.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I LOVE the onsie!! It is so cute!!

    And I really wish I had cook books to swap - sadly I only have the Better Homes and Gardens cookbook that was my Mom's. Maybe I need to start picking up some cookbooks! :)

    And I HATE people who do insanely dangerous and just stupid things while driving!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I've seen people changing pants in traffic! It's amazing isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  16. That onesie is sooo cute!

    Oh...and i did make the cake. I am not a huge box cake person...but the colors were great.
    I will post some pics soon.

    I think the cookbook swap is so cool. I need to find a good cookbook to swap though i don't have many that i like...i just am so used to printing recipes off line...

    hope you have a great rest of the week!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love the onsie it too cute! How dangerous people scare me!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Ahh! Makeup appliers on the road are so scary. As are those eating, drinking, on the phone....ugh. As for the blog - be proud! You just happen to be more interesting than the school site, which of course, you should be!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I saw a guy playing a video game while driving once. He was using his knees to steer!!! OMG!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! They make my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...